Inspiring excitement and curiosity for a critical period in our nation’s history through the use of current technology.
“A man who hath friends must show himself friendly”
“Never forget these commands that I am giving you today. Teach them to your children.
Repeat them when you are at home and when you are away, when you are resting and when you are working.”
Past, Present, and Future
Patriotic, Historical and Educational
The Goals of this administration shall be:
- Support the National President’s Project.
- Increase your donations to the Colonial and Genealogical Records Committee. This committee’s project is to scan original applications into searchable PDFs. Let’s use technology to make help make it easier to do research and to increase our membership.
- Teach young people about the history of our nation by volunteering in the schools, by distributing bookmarks, by serving as a tutor, and by donating to this committee. Give away 100 more bookmarks this year than last year. In addition, donate to the Patriotic Education project of making educational videos and lesson plans.
- Honor and remember all veterans by contributing comfort items, clothes or other items to VA Hospitals or to other veterans groups. Increase your chapter’s donations of these items by 5% this first year.
- Encourage young people to honor their country by supporting the National Awards Committee. Honor a local JROTC member by giving them a Medal of Award.
- Take pride in your DAC membership by telling others who might be interested about DAC. Encourage each member to bring a guest to at least one meeting.
- Increase membership by adding one new member and one new Golden Acorn to each chapter, each year.
- Arrange meeting times and places to meet the needs of members. Have at least one event each year that is scheduled so that working women can attend.
- Promote and support the endeavors of our Golden Acorns by contributing to the Golden Acorns Committee, and by purchasing stationary from them.
- Invite Members-at-Large and dropped members to join your chapter or state society.
- Be vigilant of the opportunity to organize a new chapter.